January 14, 2011

lack of planning (on your part) is not an excuse (on my part)

I came up with the phrase "lack of planning (on your part) is not an excuse (on my part)" last night while reading a book, and i was ike bam: this is my motto.

Ok now, to be fair enough, let me tell you that i am not good at planning either. in fact i seriously have problems with managing my own time. this very post is actually a proof for that, because i should really be working right now, and obviously, i am not :)...   but again, why i should be working non stop today and the whole weekend? Because a very important client of us has forgotten to inform us about the deadline of a project which i didnt even know it existed until yesterday. So that's why i have to be working instead of writing this post. 

Well now, this post does not actually belong to complaints deparment. I am not writing this to complain about the enormous work burden on my shoulders, but to praise this motto i read yesterday in a book. The motto is so true. I suffered more than enough (like probably everybody else) because somebody else did a lousy job before me.

For example there is this translator who has been coming to the office for the whole week. there is a very urgent job which needs to be finished even sooner than as soon as possible, but the thing is, the client can provide us the materials partially, meaning that, that poor translator has to come here everyday as the new materails arrive, because we dont seem to have enough time to wait until all the materials arrive here.

i really dont know why it must be us who have to work like mules because somebody out there has no idea about what the word "planning" actually means.

0 comments:

Post a Comment