March 09, 2012

Poisonous Spoiled Watermelons

I read an article about a watermelon which was forgotten in a corner in the kitchen. So it got spoiled.

The bottom line of the article is that, there are things we tend to keep in a corner planning  to deal with them  in a more appropriate time,  but we totaly forget about them until they get totally rotten. So we should either do things at the exact time of initial intention, or we should just ignore them and focus on what we are really interested in doing.

The way i try to deal with my spoiled watermelons is to-do lists. Actually, I kind of build my life around them. You see, I'm kind of a guy who is interested in various and somehow unrelated subjects. And as a matter of fact, it is not a bad thing. Because, the way i see it, if you want to be very good at something, you need to work on every aspects of it. I believe in total-body workouts for a fit body rather than trying to improve each muscle separately. So, if you want to be a soccer player and you feel like your left kick isn't as good as you want it to be, it is a better idea to try to improve your overall game playing rather than just trying to improve your left kicks.

But to be honest, the subjects i am interested in are pretty much different than each other, and they don't feel like related. It's like playing voleyball most of the time while in fact you know that you should do something about your left kick. But trust me, they are actually very well related - and how they can't be? After all, they're the aspects which make me the guy who I am now.  

But who has the time to do all that stuff? I am talking about studying statistics (yes I do that) and read Shakespeare afterwards, improving my memory skills and trying to to code a computer software. And who has the time to do all of them, especially if you already have a very busy agenda in the office? So, to-do lists really help me because this way O can make sure that everything is sorted and I will have time to deal with them eventually.  But the problem is, the watermelon in the kitchen can still get rotten before I finally get a chance to touch it after finishing other jobs.

And I realized that it makes me really very angry when I am behind my own schedule, and unfortunately, I am almost always behind it. Well, it is kind of okay if i am behind the schedule,  but it realy drives me mad when i can't finish something i've started no matter what the reason is. So you see, my watermelons are poisonous because they are bad for my nerves when they are rotten.

And if you want to read the article where I got this watermelon idea, you can read it here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment